I will be querying my middle grade novel to literary agents in October 2018. It is contemporary fiction with a streak of fantasy, approximately 50K words.
Things you might want to know:
- I write for a living, full time. Learn more here.
- While querying another project, I shared the elevator pitch for this MG book idea at the end. Multiple agents asked to see it once it was finished, so I dove in to meet the demand of the market.
- That other project was a YA novel (contemporary fiction with a sci-fi angle and diverse cast of characters). I stopped tinkering with that to focus on this MG novel, but the YA’s full manuscript, chapter outline and summary are ready for review.
- I have the motivation and platform to help in the marketing of my MG book, including over 75,000 engaged fans who are mostly parents and book lovers, who I gained over years of freelance writing and my inclusion in nine parenting humor anthologies, including a New York Times bestseller, for which I was the opening essay. I’m so ready for this.
- I am a member of SCBWI and AWP.
- I have a list of other book ideas in the queue (mostly YA and MG), and would love a literary agent who is looking for that in a client.
You can reach me via the form below, or by email at TheKimBongiorno@Gmail.com. Thank you for your interest!